September Meeting - Tuesday September 16th
The next PMICMS meeting will be on September 16th. Have you registered yet?
Our speaker for the September dinner meeting will be Deirdre Danahar, MSW, MPH, LICSW, ACC, Certified Social + Emotional Intelligence Coach.
Deirdre will be speaking on Social + Emotional Intelligence: Skills for an Effective Workplace.
The most successful people in work and in life have the ability to manage themselves and manage their relationships with others.
- The co-worker who is able to anticipate and adjust to change by considering various perspectives and rethinking assumptions
- The employee who listens to feedback without getting defensive
- The person who can scan a room and zone in on the power people
- The co-worker no one trusts
- A colleague who just can’t stop jumping in to offer their conclusions, solutions or opinions
- The office bully who leaves a toxic cloud in the organizational climate
They have Social and Emotional Intelligence. Some researchers believe that our success in work and life is driven far more by our emotional intelligence (EQ) than by our cognitive intelligence (IQ).
Unfortunately, awareness of Social and Emotional Intelligence is most prominent when it’s missing. Here is the good news. Social and Emotional Intelligence can be learned and strengthened throughout our lives. It’s never too late to add these essential skills and enhance career development and advance team performance.
In this presentation by Deirdre Danahar, Owner, InMotion Consulting & Coaching, you will:
- Learn about the building blocks of Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Gain an understanding of the ROI, business case, and health reasons, for enhancing Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Receive an introduction to the 26 Social and Emotional Intelligence competencies
Join us for another interesting presentation.
Register now to join us for a great meal, some networking and pick up a PDU.